Basic Pesto Sauce Recipe
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
4 bunches of basil
40 g parmesan
20 g pecorino cheese
a handful of pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash and dry with paper the small basil leaves (be careful not to mash them when you dry them).
2. While the leaves are drying, chop 2 cloves of garlic with a bit of salt.
3. After chopping the garlic and salt, add the basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese and pecorino cheese and mix it all adding gradually the olive oil.
4. The pesto sauce should not be too liquid.
Suggestions & tips:
– Instead of pine nuts you can use walnuts.
– When you’re boiling the salted water for the pasta, put in the water a potato cut into small pieces and a handful of beans. Once they are cooked, drain the water out from the potato and beans and put them in a separate plate. Do not throw away the water, you’ll need it to cook the pasta.
Italians use pesto sauce to make different dishes… How about you? Have you “experimented” a new recipe using pesto sauce?