This vegetarian eggplant snack is perfect for warm summer evenings.
Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
2 eggplants (approx. 600 g)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 thyme sprigs
3 basil stems
1 large garlic clove
½ crusty bread (approx. 250 g)
coarse sea salt
1. Wash the eggplant, dry, cut in half lengthwise, mark the pulp several times with a knife and spread the halves on a baking tray.
2. Sprinkle olive oil sparingly over the eggplant.
3. Rinse the thyme, shake dry. Season the eggplant halves with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with thyme. Cook in a preheated oven at 200° C (circulating air: 180° C, gas: stage 2-3) for about 40 minutes.
4. Remove the eggplant halves from the oven and allow to cool slightly, remove the thyme. Scrape the pulp out with a spoon.
5. Finely chop the pulp and place in a bowl. Squeeze out the lemon. Mix the eggplant pulp with about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Rinse the basil, shake dry and pluck off the leaves, finely chop and mix with the eggplant puree.
7. Cut the garlic clove in half. Slice the bread into slices about 1 cm thick, rub vigorously with the garlic.
8. Heat a grill pan (or normal pan) and fry the bread slices on both sides until they turn golden brown and crispy.
9. Spread the eggplant purée on the bread slices, garnish with a little coarse sea salt and some basil leaves (optional) and serve the eggplant bruschetta immediately.
Energetic value: 212 calories
Preparation: 25 min
Ready in: 1 h 30 min