Pasta in White Sauce, a colourful pasta treat which is sure to be loved by kids as well as adults!
White sauce, with its soothing texture and flavour, plays host to not just perfectly cooked fusilli but also a medley of colourful and crunchy veggies. Colourful capsicums, vibrant broccoli and crunchy baby corn endow this dish with a splash of colours, which is pretty to behold and tempting to bite into! Wonderfully flavoured with spices and herbs, the Pasta in White Sauce is a real delight to devour.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
2 cups cooked fusilli
2 cups milk
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
¼ cup yellow capsicum strips
¼ cup green capsicum strips
¼ cup red capsicum strips
¼ cup sliced zucchini
¼ cup blanched broccoli florets
¼ cup diagonally cut and blanched baby corn
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
1½ tsp dried mixed herbs
¼ cup grated processed cheese
1. Combine the milk, plain flour and salt in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the yellow, green and red capsicum and zucchini and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
5. Add the milk-plain flour mixture, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, cheese and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the fusilli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing gently. Serve immediately with garlic bread.