Braciole are a family favourite from southern Italy. Tender veal steak stuffed with salty prosciutto, cheese and fresh spinach, these juicy parcels are the perfect main dish, accompanied with a bold tomato sauce.
Braciole are soooooo good. Eat these involtini di carne and you will be happier ehehe
BRACIOLE Recipe | Stuffed Meat with Eggplant Prosciutto and Cheese | Involtini di Carne
150g baby spinach
Thinly sliced provolone cheese
Salt & Pepper
1 x garlic clove
1 x medium size carrot
400g tomato passata
1 x large non-stick saucepan
1. Lay a single sheet of baking paper on top of a chopping board and place one slice of veal steak on top.
2. Add another sheet of baking paper over the top and use a steak mallet to smooth it out.
3. Repeat this for as many slices as you choose to make and season each one with salt and pepper.
4. Remove the second sheet of baking paper and place two slices of grilled eggplant on the steak. Add two slices of prosciutto, one of provolone cheese, chopped baby spinach and shredded mozzarella.
VINCENO’S PLATE TIP: Don’ fill it too much or you won’t be able to roll it closed!
5. Gently fold the steak in, carefully tucking in the ends and pushing the ingredients in if they start to fall out.
6. Once you have rolled it up tightly, begin to wrap a piece of string around one end, and tie a knot to keep it in place.
7. Wrap the string around the veal, approx. 3cm apart and once you get to the end, bring the string underneath it and back up around the top.
8. Tie a knot nice and tightly at the end and put it to the side.
9. Once you have made as many as you need, heat up some olive oil in a large pan and shallow fry them
10. Turn each one until they are slightly browned all the way around.
11. Let the veal rest on the side and add finely chopped garlic to the same pan of oil.
12. Once it has begun to brown, add chopped Spanish onion, carrot and basil and leave to simmer.