The pear, walnut and blue cheese risotto is a delicacy for sweet and sour lovers… try it and you’ll be surprised!
This risotto recipe, made with blue cheese, pears and walnuts is a delicacy for sweet and sour lovers… let’s see how to do!
• 3,5 oz (100 g) of sharp blue cheese
• 1 ½ cups (300 g) of rice (Carnaroli or Arborio)
• 2 pints (1 lt) of vegetable broth
• 2 pears • just under ½ cup (40 g) of walnut kernels
• 1 cup (100 g) of grated parmesan cheese / 3 ½ tbsp (50 g) of butter
• 1 shallot / just under ½ cup (100 ml) of white wine / salt to taste
Chop the shallot and sauté in a pan with 2 tablespoons (30 g) of butter until soft, then add the rice and toast it for a few minutes.
It’s time to pour in the white wine, let it evaporate completely, then add a ladle of broth at a time until the rice is cooked.
Cut the blue cheese and one pear into cubes, and process the other one.
The rice is almost cooked, add the blue cheese, the diced pear and the pear puree, and salt to taste, if needed.
Stir well, add the grated parmesan cheese and the remaining butter.
The risotto is ready! Garnish each dish with walnuts and serve!